An apprenticeship is a structured training arrangement of usually 3.5 or four years duration. It is a learning pathway that combines paid on-the-job training and formal study with a Registered Training Organisation. It’s a great way to gain a nationally recognised qualification while earning a wage working in under an employment, rather than have to choose one over the other! As an apprentice or trainee you will finish your higher-learning journey equipped with practical skills AND a formal education.
There are further Eligibility Criteria for undertaking a qualification under Apprenticeship pathway.
Eligibility Requirements for undertaking this course as an Apprentice:
Apprenticeship/Traineeship Eligibility Requirements
- You must be at least the age of 15 to undertake an apprentice or traineeship.
- Be employed or offered a paid employment as either Full time or Permanent Part time in your trade
- Your employer is agreed to register you with an approved Apprenticeship Network Provider (ANP) to organises a training contract between you and your employer.
This course is also offered under Victorian Government Funded Skills First Program. Consider the Eligibility Criteria Below to determine if you are eligible for government support to undertake this Qualification:
- Australian or New Zealand citizenship, or Australian permanent residency
- Under 20 years of age, or
- Undertaking a course that is higher than their highest existing qualification; or
- Undertaking an approved apprenticeship
- Commencing not more than two courses in any year,
- Studying no more than two courses at any time
- Commencing no more than two courses at a particular AQF level in their lifetime.
It is important for students to note that commencing any course contributes to the lifetime rule, and completing any course means that they will not be eligible for funding at that course level in the future.
Skills First subsidies do not apply to RPL at Hair Assembly. If you choose to apply for RPL, there is a separate fee applicable. Details of RPL fees can be found on our website.